[Farmall] Proper 12V alternator for Super A? ...and more

Greg Holmes nycsfan at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 06:46:07 PDT 2006

The 12V system that came with the tractor does not mount to the original bracket on the L side engine block. It is a smaller (shorter but bigger around) unit and was rigged so that it was only held on by a tightening bracket bolted onto the water pump (one bolt to hold it on...).

  Needless to say, the belt and vibration eventually torqued it enough so that the pulley was no longer perpendicular to the engine.

  Is there a "preferred" alternator/generator that is 12V and will mount to the bracket on the engine block?

  Also, has anybody replaced the seals in the hydraulic unit? Degree of difficulty? It only seeps a little, but that fluid is one of the best paint removers and I don't want to mess up my repaint job...

  Thanks

  Greg

--0-35248083-1147355167=:25671

		<hr size=1>New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman5/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com">Call regular phones from your PC</a> and save big.