[Ford-ferguson] Ford 9N Tractor hyd

Buckies at aol.com Buckies at aol.com
Mon May 8 07:00:31 PDT 2006

In a message dated 5/8/2006 7:51:19 A.M. Central Standard Time,
DHill at sioc.com writes:

Hello to  all!  I have, what I believe is a 1947 Ford 9N tractor, that was  my
grandfathers.  I am unable to locate the serial number on it.   So it's a bit
of a mystery.  It is however a 3 speed, with the  breather through a stack
instead of a grill on the hood.  It has a  front mount distributor.  Just to
name a few hightlights.  We  have recently had problems with the hydraulics.
Basically it won't lift  anymore.  Now we have priced some pumps, thinking
that's what it  is.  However does anyone have any suggestions about what else
it could  be?  If it is the pump would anybody have any suggestions on where
to  buy used parts?  Or perhaps rebuilt parts?  Any help would be  greatly
appreciated to keep this American Classic going.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the serial number is by the oil filter, it may be rusty, but it doesn't
matter. The year may be cast in the rear axel. The air stack was installed  later.

I have rebuilt pumps for 200. Remove the trans dipstick cover and observe
the pump and forks in action. There should be no leaks.
You must separate the forks before removing the pump. See service  manual.

ron tepoel

-------------------------------1147096831

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>In a message dated 5/8/2006 7:51:19 A.M. Central Standard Time,=20
DHill at sioc.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><=
FONT=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=
=3D2>Hello to=20
  all!  I have, what I believe is a 1947 Ford 9N tractor, that was=20
  my<BR>grandfathers.  I am unable to locate the serial number on it.&n=
bsp;=20
  So it's a bit<BR>of a mystery.  It is however a 3 speed, with the=20
  breather through a stack<BR>instead of a grill on the hood.  It has a=
=20
  front mount distributor.  Just to<BR>name a few hightlights.  We=
=20
  have recently had problems with the hydraulics.<BR>Basically it won't lift=
=20
  anymore.  Now we have priced some pumps, thinking<BR>that's what it=20
  is.  However does anyone have any suggestions about what else<BR>it c=
ould=20
  be?  If it is the pump would anybody have any suggestions on where<BR=
>to=20
  buy used parts?  Or perhaps rebuilt parts?  Any help would be=20
  greatly<BR>appreciated to keep this American Classic going.</FONT></BLOCKQ=
UOTE>
<DIV>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>the serial number is by the oil filter, it may be rusty, but it doesn't=
=20
matter. The year may be cast in the rear axel. The air stack was installed=20
later.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I have rebuilt pumps for 200. Remove the trans dipstick cover and obser=
ve=20
the pump and forks in action. There should be no leaks.</DIV>
<DIV>You must separate the forks before removing the pump. See service=20
manual.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>ron tepoel</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>