[AT] MPG of tractors

Ed Stewart edstewart1 at verizon.net
Sat May 6 16:55:20 PDT 2006

When was a kid our second tractor after the horses left was a F20
Farmall, I think the same tranny cover was used on all them but gears
were different among tractors, depending on if they were on steel or
not. The F20's road gear was third with forth being at a speed between
second and third according to the numbers cast in the cover... Ed

George Willer wrote:

>Jason,
>
>Just to add to your statement... I doubt very many here remember.  Everyone
>who wanted to buy a tractor had to put his name on a list.  When your number
>came up you had a chance to buy whichever tractor came up next or drop back
>to the end of the line.  Many times the customer settled for a tractor other
>than the one he really wanted.  Pop really wanted a JD B, but he settled for
>an A when his number came up.  He bought it with a 2 bottom plow because he
>really enjoyed the time he spent plowing.  A 3 bottom plow would have got
>the work done soon enough to allow earlier planting and would have soon
>payed the difference.
>
>George Willer

This email generated without the help of Micro$0ft,
using Ubuntu linux Http;//www.ubuntu.com