[Farmall] Difficult F14

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Fri May 5 15:51:53 PDT 2006

Looking back at the original post, you said you are definetly losing #4
followed by an intermittent 1 and 3, correct? I can't see how that could be
fuel related nor could it be the mag unless it was in the cap, wires or
plugs. Try this next time it goes to missing--check the fire at the plugs by
grounding a screwdriver to the frame. You need about 3/16 to 1/4 spark jump.
If that checks out then spray some WD-40 in the intake with it running and
see if it helps.

As far as the fuel pump goes I agree with everything that has been said. I
have had problems with the check valves, trash, and a worn out pushrod.  And
a busted diaphragm on another tractor with a similair pump. But in all of
those cases the tractor wouldn't run at all.

One final thought, is the intake manifold tight? You did say the tractor had
been recently rebuilt didn't you? You may be fighting bad mechanic work from
the last guy.

Just some thoughts and ramblings.

John Hall