[AT] Having battery problems--so how to fix?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Mar 26 20:57:53 PST 2006

Charlie
Another trick we have here to start the little Briggs and Strattons that
power older grain augers. I have poured a kettle of boiling water down over
the long air intake tube (manifold) between the carburetor and engine. It
seems to help starting them as I think the gas vaporizes better when the
temp of the manifold is hot (or at least above freeezing).
On my newer Kohler I use 0w-30 synthetic oil which helps and if it is really
cold I will direct the space heater on the engine for a while to warm up the
whole block.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/