[AT] pulling sleaves

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Mon Mar 20 19:45:49 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 20:26, Cecil Bearden wrote:
> I have taken them out with a plug in the bottom of the sleeve made from an
> old thick rubber shower shoe then filled the cylinder with liquid propane.
> I just made sure we did nto spark anything
>
> Cecil in OKla

I like that one... though I'm pretty sure my PhD neighbor would have had
a fit. :) Though I think the metal-halide lights in the shop would be
somewhat unfriendly to large amounts of propane in the air...

     Dry ice will probably be used for re-installation since that just
makes a lot of sense; I've heard of doing that with valve seats and such
on small engines. Certainly don't want to have to press them in as hard
as they came out!

Ken in AZ