[AT] pulling sleeves

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Mar 20 15:08:54 PST 2006

I have a Ford 2N that was plugged up with crap like yours. I ended up
stripping the engine, pulling the bare block out, and taking it to a
local machine shop, where they "boiled and baked" it. I don't think
there is any way that a "shade tree" mechanic can get all that crud out
of a block while it is still on the tractor. Of course, the Ford N block
isn't all that big, so I was able to just lower it into the trunk of my
car (and the guy at the machine shop just picked it up and carried it to
"the tank").

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
Juan Ramon Jimenez (1881-1958), Spanish writer