[Steam-engine] Valves seats

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Mar 18 05:17:53 PST 2006

Little update gang;
   Spent yesterday afternoon re-conditioning the check ball seats on the
water glass.  Magnifier revealed some serious pitting and lapping was
futile.  Luckily I had a cutter that worked and now have a nice seat.  60
psi of home water pressure and no leaks.  Still need to get new shiny 5/8's
balls tho.

  Bob, I have heard of using toothpaste and it did cross my mind.

  I've posted some pix's here and hit next for more.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/482243657/2689418490039077051wMQTKh

Thanks guys for the help!  Now I just need to find a good supplier for the
glass seals and I can bench test the whole assembly.  Found one but they
have a 35 dollar minimum order.  If all else fails will touch base with Mike
Yaeger who's close and has been snitchin' seals from Paw...:-))  There's so
many preformed seals in this hobby and would be nice to find a supplier who
can handle all.

Best Regards,
RickinMt.