[AT] Tractor named Friday?

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 16:59:17 PST 2006

Herb,  If I have my time frames right they were Love
tractors first before being bought by the Friday
family of Hartford Michigan ('bout 16 miles west of
me).  Mostly used in the orchards though they had a
wide seat and were/are great for touring.  Used
Chrysler engines and transmissions, some with the
Desoto fluid drive and some straight clutch.  Not sure
of the sources for the other bits and pieces.  Some
people say the differences between the Love and the
Friday are in the frame but I've seen so many slight
differences on all of them I think that they must have
used and made what was convenient that day, the basics
being the same.  Don't know anything on the build
numbers or years of manufactor.
Nice tractors and just a little unusual, real
eyecatchers even around "home".

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, MI