[Steam-engine] Lunk Jr.

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sun Mar 12 09:36:18 PST 2006

  Howdy all;
Well the boiler is coming along fine and winter was a good time to repair
trycocks, globe valves and such.  Presently we are plumbing
feedwater/injectors, rebuild on displacement oiler and governor.

  The Lunk Jr. Displacement Oiler OEM glass is .710 OD., and I can't find a
supplier for that.   .750 fits in the recess(s) ok but leaves no room/gap
for seal.

  Approx. how much gap for seal and cushinioning would be recommended
between the glass and metal(brass)??

  TIA
RickinMt.

PS:  9/16's OD fits ok, but thot I'd ask first