[Farmall] Back in the saddle

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 12 04:37:05 PST 2006

 Back in late Dec. we took my Titan for its first drive since coming back to
life after a 60 year hibernation. Unfortunately the reverse eccentric "lost"
a chunk which went between the case and the differential and created a new
drain hole. Since then we have been trying to get that fixed as well as
relining the clutch and making new brake bands. Decided to clean the
underside of the engine while it was accessible.

Yesterday we put the brakes, fenders and chains back on and went for another
drive. It appears nothing broke this time, thank goodness!!! Awful low on
power. Although it starts easily I think we are out on timing. I'll start
tweaking the timing this week. Then I want to head for the field. Time to
see what this beast can do pulling a harrow.

John