[AT] Waaay OT

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sat Mar 11 20:15:54 PST 2006

Larry there may be some truth to his story.

 http://makeashorterlink.com/?R513348CC

Take a look if you like.

H. L.

On 3/11/2006 9:24:47 PM, Larry D. Goss (rlgoss at evansville.net) wrote: > I know just enough about this subject to be REALLY dangerous. Have any > of you heard anything about this? Or is this simply > someone's wishful > thinking? > > SUPPOSEDLY, some "farmer" somewhere discovered that he didn't > have cell > phone reception when he was in his barn. He then discovered that the > lack of reception was associated with a bar of cold hardened copper he > was using as a door stop (or some similar mundane use). He has > discovered a way of putting the cold hardened copper into paint so it > can be applied to ordinary walls in office buildings, schools, churches, > theaters, funeral parlors... Think of the possibilities! -- to > automatically keep cell phones from disturbing meetings or events held > in certain locations simply by covering the walls with a special paint. > > Is there any truth to this? > I'm well aware that the ordinary way of > hardening copper is to cold work it, so what's > with the "cold hardened" > emphasis in the story? And what's the hardening of copper got to do > with it blocking cell phone signals -- but not pagers? And why copper > instead of lead? Or is the whole thing a shaggy dog story?