[AT] 8-volt batteries in 6-volt tractors

Richard Fink Sr nancydick at pennswoods.net
Fri Mar 10 07:09:33 PST 2006

And if you did own a caddy it would not start on 6 volts. I had a 49 caddy
convertible big v8 and one out of every 10 tries it would start on 6 volt.
As you all will remember there was not a starter generator shop on every
other corner then to keep them in tip top condition. Always kept a spare 6
in the trunk to hook in series if we wanted to use it a lot.
MHO
R Fink
PA