[AT] 8-volt batteries in 6-volt tractors

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Thu Mar 9 06:32:10 PST 2006

Hello,

I have had good luck with 8 volt batteries. I have one in our WD and I  put one in my brother-in-laws 8n. I took the generator and voltage regulator to a local auto-electric shop and he set it up for 8 volt charging. As I understand it the generator will put out the same amount of juice, it's just that the voltage cut off shuts off a little higher on an 8 volt vs. a six volt....?

Regards,

Will Powell

From: "D. Day" <ddss at telebeep.com>