[AT] Termites in your mulch?

Chuck Saunders gooberdog at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 13:07:16 PST 2006

So let me get this straight, Lowes Depot is smuggling skunk infested mulch
north disguised as a tractor driving Barkley Beagle. Wow!
Chuck Saunders just being stupid
Kansas City, MO

On 3/8/06, Bob Seith <seithr at denison.edu> wrote:

> Sounds like enough sources have weighed in re: termite potential in
> mulch that I don't need to add to the discussion. But I WILL mention
> another problem that crops up when people use lots and lots of  bark
> mulch around their landscape plantings up here in Ohio. You get
> infestations of grubs later on. Whether they came in the mulch or
> arrived via egg-laying insects is unknown to me. All I can say is that
> you sometimes end up with grubs.
>
> They don't really hurt much, but they attract SKUNKS that dig them up as
> delicacies. And if you have dogs, the dogs like to go out and chase the
> "striped kitties," who respond as nature provided. Then you have smelly
> dogs to deal with.
>
> Been there, done that.
>
> Barkley Beagle has never had an encounter with a skunk. But my sister's
> dogs have. And I, being the good brother I am, have bathed smelly dogs.
> Too many times.
>
> Best,
> Bob Seith
> 1953 Farmall Cub

------=_Part_9807_1833559.1141852036617

So let me get this straight, Lowes Depot is smuggling skunk infested
mulch north disguised as a tractor driving Barkley Beagle. Wow!<br>
Chuck Saunders just being stupid<br>