[AJD] Styled G Governor Rebuild (Repaired Sleeve Pictures uploaded)

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Mar 3 02:59:13 PST 2006

I moved them to the John Deere folder - Repairs and Technical sub-folder.
 Glad to hear Duane's advise worked out.   They look really good and
everyone should take a look:

http://www.antique-tractor.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album24

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net

On 3/2/2006 at 8:57 PM bill gray wrote:

>Spencer,
>  I have uploaded two new pictures after having my governor sleeve
>repaired to the Incomming section on the ATIS Image Depot.  My local
>machine shop was able to turn the face on his lathe.  He said he removed
>about .005 on each pass.  I thought he could have stopped sooner but he
>took off .025". I should have stayed with him.  Cost $10.00 vs $90.00 for
>a new one.
>  Thanks to all who helped.
>
>Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net> wrote:
>  Great pics by the way. I think Duane is on the right track - there is
>enough metal here I think you can machine them as well. Most
>machinists/automotive machine shops will do a one off job like this pretty
>cheap if you let them do it on their own schedule. You might what to check
>them if you you don;t have a way to grind with some measure of precision
>(doesn't have to be perfect but an angle grinder and a vise isn't what you
>want.)
>
>Spencer Yost
>Owner, ATIS
>Plow the Net!
>http://www.atis.net
>

>Bill Gray
>Tifton 44 Bermuda Hay Operations
>In Use John Deere 4000 and  430W
>Rework in Progress John Deere 430T, Styled G
>

>---------------------------------
>Yahoo! Mail
>Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.
>--0-137660857-1141361854=:80215
>
><DIV>Spencer,</DIV>  <DIV>I have uploaded two new pictures after having my
>governor sleeve repaired to the Incomming section on the ATIS Image
>Depot.  My local machine shop was able to turn the face on his
>lathe.  He said he removed about .005 on each pass.  I thought
>he could have stopped sooner but he took off .025". I should have stayed
>with him.  Cost $10.00 vs $90.00 for a new one.</DIV>  <DIV>Thanks to
>all who helped.<BR><BR><B><I>Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net></I></B>
>wrote:</DIV>  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
>MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Great pics by the way. I
>think Duane is on the right track - there is<BR>enough metal here I think
>you can machine them as well. Most<BR>machinists/automotive machine shops
>will do a one off job like this pretty<BR>cheap if you let them do it on
>their own schedule. You might what to check<BR>them if you you don;t have
>a way to grind with some measure of precision<BR>
> (doesn't
> have to be perfect but an angle grinder and a vise isn't what
>you<BR>want.)<BR><BR>Spencer Yost<BR>Owner, ATIS<BR>Plow the
>Net!<BR>http://www.atis.net<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><DIV>
><DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#60bf00><FONT color=#00bf60><FONT color=#2d2d2d>Bill
>Gray</FONT> <BR></FONT></FONT><FONT color=#2d2d2d>Tifton 44 Bermuda Hay
>Operations</FONT><FONT color=#3b5738><BR></FONT><FONT color=#00bf60>In Use
>John Deere 4000 and  430W </FONT></DIV>
> [...]
il.mail.yahoo.com">New PhotoMail </a> makes sharing a breeze.