[AJD] Styled G Governor Rebuild (Repaired Sleeve Pictures uploaded)

bill gray billgrayalt at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 20:57:34 PST 2006

Spencer,
  I have uploaded two new pictures after having my governor sleeve repaired to the Incomming section on the ATIS Image Depot.  My local machine shop was able to turn the face on his lathe.  He said he removed about .005 on each pass.  I thought he could have stopped sooner but he took off .025". I should have stayed with him.  Cost $10.00 vs $90.00 for a new one.
  Thanks to all who helped.

Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net> wrote:
  Great pics by the way. I think Duane is on the right track - there is
enough metal here I think you can machine them as well. Most
machinists/automotive machine shops will do a one off job like this pretty
cheap if you let them do it on their own schedule. You might what to check
them if you you don;t have a way to grind with some measure of precision
(doesn't have to be perfect but an angle grinder and a vise isn't what you
want.)

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net

Bill Gray
Tifton 44 Bermuda Hay Operations
In Use John Deere 4000 and  430W
Rework in Progress John Deere 430T, Styled G

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail
--0-137660857-1141361854=:80215

<DIV>Spencer,</DIV>  <DIV>I have uploaded two new pictures after having my governor sleeve repaired to the Incomming section on the ATIS Image Depot.  My local machine shop was able to turn the face on his lathe.  He said he removed about .005 on each pass.  I thought he could have stopped sooner but he took off .025". I should have stayed with him.  Cost $10.00 vs $90.00 for a new one.</DIV>  <DIV>Thanks to all who helped.<BR><BR><B><I>Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net></I></B> wrote:</DIV>  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Great pics by the way. I think Duane is on the right track - there is<BR>enough metal here I think you can machine them as well. Most<BR>machinists/automotive machine shops will do a one off job like this pretty<BR>cheap if you let them do it on their own schedule. You might what to check<BR>them if you you don;t have a way to grind with some measure of precision<BR>
 (doesn't
 have to be perfect but an angle grinder and a vise isn't what you<BR>want.)<BR><BR>Spencer Yost<BR>Owner, ATIS<BR>Plow the Net!<BR>http://www.atis.net<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#60bf00><FONT color=#00bf60><FONT color=#2d2d2d>Bill Gray</FONT> <BR></FONT></FONT><FONT color=#2d2d2d>Tifton 44 Bermuda Hay Operations</FONT><FONT color=#3b5738><BR></FONT><FONT color=#00bf60>In Use John Deere 4000 and  430W </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#00bf60><FONT color=#00bf60>Rework in Progress John Deere 430T, Styled G</FONT>  <BR></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Yahoo! Mail<br>
Bring photos to life! <a href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39174/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com">New PhotoMail </a> makes sharing a breeze.