[AT] Shale or gravel?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jun 11 15:33:26 PDT 2006

I don't know what you are calling "run of bank" gravel, but if it is
like the stuff around here in the "gravel pits", there is a fair amount
of fine material that tends to pack down after a while. Regular washed
3/4" or 1" cut gravel quarry will be your best bet for drainage, but it
isn't much good for walking on and is probably the most expensive. But
any kind of material is going to get plugged up with manure, hair,
grass/hay, and dirt after a while. I have no experience with shale, but
my gut feeling is that it will be about the worst choice for drainage.

My two cents and worth exactly what you paid for it. :-)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

We shall succeed only so far as we continue that most distasteful of all
activity, the intolerable labor of thought. -Learned Hand, jurist
(1872-1961)