[AT] A long shot--Wisconsin part

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 20:32:38 PDT 2006

In a message dated 6/29/2006 12:16:02 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
mrreg_99 at hotmail.com writes:
That being said, my  preferred method for the repair of cast iron is brazing,
be it with brass,  silver, or with cast iron filler, it just seems to "work"
better. Just  remember, clean, clean, clean, and plenty of quality flux, and
of course  never forget that brazing is dependent on capillary action, it is
not a soft  weld.

This is just my opinion, I hope it is of some  help   ........ Mike

Mike I agree with you on this I have  repaired lots of cast iron and cast
steel parts with Brazing or Silver solder.  The later being the strongest and
used on parts that need the extra stregth.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460