[AT] For those tractor (er computer) geeks on here

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jun 26 09:09:00 PDT 2006

Interesting comments, Larry. I have been unplugging and plugging the
Soyo hard drive and the "thumb" drive in and out of various machines
several times a day, whether they are running or not, and have never
found any problem with them being recognized or lose any data. These are
a mixture of XP and W98 laptops and desktops. On the other hand, I have
disabled "power management" on all of my machines, as it caused nothing
but problems. There was no warning in the instructions accompanying
either device, so it never occurred to me that there might be a problem.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be
unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong. -G.K. Chesterton,
essayist and novelist (1874-1936)