[AT] For those tractor (er computer) geeks on here

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Mon Jun 26 08:40:40 PDT 2006

I've not hooked my USB drives to my laptop - so far I've just used them
with the desktop (these enclosures will hold a "regular" IDE type drive
inside.  They are powered by a separate power connection and so far have
worked flawlessly.  I've used "reclaimed" HD's from older computers -
makes a good and cheap removable storage option.  And I agree - never
disconnect without windows doing it's thing for shutdown.
I've had all sorts of trouble with the "power saving" features so I set
all those to never - desktop or laptop.
I bought an enclosure recently that will connect via USB or firewire (I
have both on my desktop).

David
NW NC