[AT] was generator=ee / tubes

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 07:03:39 PDT 2006

A good site to look at for Microchip development stuff is:

http://www.melabs.com/

They sold me the PICBASIC I use, along with my introductory project
board. You can get programmers, development kits, power supplies,
books, all kinds of things. Digi-key is also one of my 2 major
suppliers of electronic components so I buy a fair amount of chips
directly from them. Gotta love their website for buying stuff. It's
easy to spend money. :)

Assembly language and machine code are interchangeable terms, Al. C is
a pretty common language used for programming a lot of systems at a
higher level with fast execution. I use BASIC because I got started on
that first but that doesn't make it a better language. I also have
done some Visual Basic (enough to really learn how to swear) on a PC
for some automated testing routines, but there are tools to help you
learn any of the languages. I have 2 programmers that do the more
complex programming for me (I'm mostly a hardware guy these days).

Hope this helps.

Ken in AZ