[Farmall] McCormick Deering Model8 Tractor Plow.

Ray McKinney mckinney at ecentral.com
Sat Jun 17 07:41:46 PDT 2006

I went to an auction recently to buy some items. A plow was not on my
list, but there sat a McC. and it came home with me. None of the other
items came home with me.
QUESTION;; The plow is mostly blue, with red  here and there,  was the
blue some kind of primer  and red was painted over it, in some places it
looks like  blue was the color with red pin stripping.

What year would the plow be, it has orginal rubber 5:50 by 16  tires,
mounted on yellow disk wheels and has a small trailer wheel with rubber
tire.

It is not a 'little genius" as I have a factory black and white of the
little genius being pulled by a new F-30. The steel wheels of the plow
are yellow, the rest of the plow could be red or blue as it is difficult
to discern colors in black and white pictures.

I recall, there was some discussion of a a high wheel Farmall recently.
I have a picture of a n F12 with a  48 inch clearance. The picture was
takin in April 10,  1930.This clearance permited drilling wheat in
standing corn. Three one row wheat drills were pulled with this tractor
and apprfoximately 50 acres were seeded by two men in one day as
compared to 6 or 7 acres per man whree horses were used to pull the drills.

It apears one would need a ladder to mount and demount the tractor. I
would not care to drive it  on anything but very level ground.

Mac in colorado.