[AT] 1952 Case VAC-13 problem

Ken and Mona Frost knmfrost at gulftel.com
Fri Jun 16 20:58:30 PDT 2006

I'm in the middle of restoring a 1952 Case VAC and have a hydraulic line problem.  The pump intake line goes from the torque tube reservoir to the pump intake at the front of the engine.  The line is a 3/4" dia steel line with male tightening nuts that tightened on brass compression rings.  One of the nuts is stripped.  The nuts appear to each have a fine 3/4" tapered thread.  The nut (part # VT-4911) is no longer available from CaseIH.  In my local area (Baldwin Co., AL) I haven't found any vendors of any help.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Ken Frost