[AT] Shale or gravel?

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Jun 11 18:08:55 PDT 2006

Shale can be REAL nasty on animal hooves and it doesn't settler real
well on it's own. Bank run depends a LOT on the bank. If it is nice
clean stuff with low dirt content and lot's of fines it will pack real
nice and will drain ok IF you add some coarser stone to it. Maybe have
him drop shale and build up the base then dump some bank run on top as
the finish layer. Wouldn't hurt to toss a loop of perf pipe under it all
to promote drainage.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York