[AT] Generator--doing funny things

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Sun Jun 11 19:36:39 PDT 2006

I just got an older portable 12 HP 110V/220V generator.  The Briggs
runs great but the AC generator output is strange.  The two 110 V
outlets put out about 195 volts each and the 220V outlet puts out
about 390V (tested with two different meters).  If I disconnect the
two black leads and one white lead coming out ot the generator from
the outlets and test between each black lead and the white lead I get
a voltage on each of about 45 volts.   What do I have here??  John

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon