[AT] GM Flex Fuel vehicles

Jim & Lyn Evans jevans at evanstoys.com
Mon Jul 31 19:16:11 PDT 2006

I have a 2003 S10 with the 4 cylinder.  It is not a flex fuel, but all the
2002s were.  My only guess is that something changed about emissions,
causing the 2003s to not be flex fuel.  My truck does have a very expensive
($50) flex fuel filter on it.  I think the injectors would have to be
slightly larger on a flex fuel.  All of the lines and other parts would have
to be made for alcohol, but I bet that most trucks already are made that
way.  If E85 ever becomes available here, I will try it in my S10, even
though it is not a flex fuel.  I am sure the power will be a little less on
alcohol since it doesn't have the bigger injectors to compensate.  I bet the
computer will automatically compensate for the fuel.

The nearest E85 pump is over 50 miles away, even though I live next to two
ethanol plants.

Jim