[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 29, Issue 24

Jim marshallman at iprimus.com.au
Mon Jul 24 10:30:37 PDT 2006

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 07:58:30 -0500
From: "jvhollon" <jvhollon at greenhills.net>
Subject: [AT] Sad news
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group"
<at at lists.antique-tractor.com>

We had a fire yesterday afternoon which burned our big machine shed to the
ground.  Lost two tractors, including a JD GM, hay baler, new hoist, air
compressors, forty
years collection of tools, two complete sets of draft harness and collars,
and Dad's tools, too.  Complete loss.  Fortunately, the local volunteer fire
department got the blaze out before it got to about 300 bales of hay and the
house.  And no one was hurt.  Just wanted to share with someone.  Jack

Jack,

My heart bleeds for you ..... Stuff that is covered by insurance is OK, but
how do you replace irreplaceable items and personal memories?

I think at our ages it would be almost impossible to start again after such
a loss, but I know your mates in the States will undoubtedly help you out.

We would in Australia.

I cannot say any more than this to comfort you at this dark time.

Jim
marshallman at iprimus.com.au
8^)
Runnin' with the wind ...