[AJD] Cultivators for M JD

Michael Dixon mpmbd at yadtel.net
Mon Jul 24 16:33:59 PDT 2006

I have an M with cultivators, but no literature for the one-row cultivators. Mine use chains hooked in a slotted bracket on the tractor for depth control for the front units. Mine mount just under the front of the transmission. A neighbor also has an M, but his front cultivators mount each side with two carriage bolts into slotted angle iron brackets mounted right at the clutch housing. The carriage bolts are placed vertically on each side. Neither of us knows the model number of our cultivators. Can anyone identify these cultivators by the numbers that JD used?  Anyone know which are the earlier style cultivators?