[AJD] 1010 Crawler

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Mon Jul 24 15:59:10 PDT 2006

A friend has a 1010 crawler that he got from the Forest Service.  I am not
sure of the year.  It has a manual six way blade.  He has restored it in his
shop.  I have not seen this crawler but I have seen his work in the past and
based on that I assume that he replaced whatever needed to be replaced.  I
know, I know, this is a big assumption.  I would of course go look at it and
drive it before making him an actual offer.  I know the 10 series had
problems and that the 20 series is much improved.  With the assumption that
it is like a reasonably new machine, what would be a reasonable price range
to frame an offer to someone that I don't want to take advantage of.  I see
his daughter in church every Sunday.  My friend has some health issues ie.
bone cancer ????.  That should be determined this week.

I realize that the variables are many, but this is all I know at this time
and since it is not for sale and is a hundred miles or so away from me, I
can't just drop in and check it out.  Can anyone help me focus in a little
more closely on what a price range might be.  I don't know how being
restored might modify the concerns about the weaknesses of the 1010.  Any
suggestions?  I could sure use the help.

Gary

In the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri in the south central part of the
USA, where both life and I move slowly.