[Farmall] Weed Control

Michael Dixon mpmbd at yadtel.net
Sun Jul 23 10:11:00 PDT 2006

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 11
> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:15:57 -0400
> From: "Lyle Myles" <lyle45859 at peoplepc.com>
>

> This post does not pertain directly to tractors but is associated with the
> care of the tractor. After two years I have decided to find a nice old
> tractor to restore and this will be the first for me in about three years.
> My problem is that I have a garage with stone floors and a large carport
> with stone floors. Just this week I have started to clean everything up so
> can get started on my next project. My question is that I have weeds every
> where. Does any one know of a good weed killer? I have tried things like
> Roundup and they do not do the job. A long time ago I thought farmers had
> weed killer that would kill anything but the problem was that once you
> used
> it that nothing would ever grow there again. Does any one know of such a
> product and if so what the name and where could I buy this.
> Lyle Myles
>
> May the Lord be with each and everyone this beautiful day that the Lord
> has
> given each and every one of us to enjoy and behold!

In my area, 2-4D is still available for control of broadleaf plants. Banvel
is similar or perhaps indentical to 2-4D. Pramitol is the long- soil
sterilant. It is available spray or pellets. The pellets seem to me to be
more effective. Pramitol is rather costly. All these are available in my
area to any purchaser, not restricted sale.