[AJD] Transmission for M John Deere

hallpaul at bellsouth.net hallpaul at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 14 13:12:42 PDT 2006

I am in the process of re-building and/or replacing the bearings in the transmission of my 1948 M John Deere.  All the teeth on the gears are in good shape but after replacing the roller bearings between the input shaft and 1 st gear I find there is a lot of slack or movement between these two.  Does anyone know how much movement or slack there should be between the input shaft and the 1 st cluster gear?  Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Paul D. Hall