[AT] OT Hay question

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Jul 11 21:05:17 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "charlie hill" <chill8 at cox.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:09 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] OT Hay question

> Just from observation those mower/conditioners look like the way to go but
> I always wondered if squeezing the juice out of the hay affects protien
> level and quality?
>
> Charlie
Hi CHarlie
I wouldn't know how the crimping affects the protein levels of the hay but
it does generally result in better quality hay simply for the fact that we
can bale it sooner. Less time in the windrow and chances of getting rained
on. Hay loses quite a bit of quality when it gets rained on.
I just spent another afternoon on the sp swather cutting hay. Really nice
crop here this year after all the snow and rain. It was pretty slow going
mainly because of the terrible rough ground. Moles can sure ruin a hay
field.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/