[Ford-ferguson] Re: Ford-ferguson Digest, Vol 26, Issue 6

Karen O'Neal ONEALK at nccommunitycolleges.edu
Mon Jul 10 12:48:54 PDT 2006

I have tried, and tried to take my name off the email list but it has just not happened. If you have any suggestions please help me.

>>> c.britton at worldnet.att.net 7/10/2006 3:15 PM >>>
I agree with Mike.  Ideally, you would have a 3 wire setup... with a gm 10si
or 12si alternator.  There is a big charge stud, then a #1 and a #2
terminal.  #2 terminal can wire right down to the charge stud.  The charge
line runs out to your ammeter.. etc.. and the #1 line needs to pass thru a
diode, 194 lamp or push button switch, and then hook to the ignition coil
side of your ignition switch.

If using a diode, make sure the cathode or striped / marked end is pointed
towards the alternator.. get one that will handle a couple amps.. etc..
Radio shack is a good source.

Soundguy