[AT] A long shot--Wisconsin part

Mike Reggie mrreg_99 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 2 00:57:59 PDT 2006

   Hello Richard,  that's a good question, I would think it is cast iron,
but the way you describe it taking the weld, I'd think it more along the
lines of cast steel. I can say however that the technology involved in the
manufacture of what we are using for ordinary mig filler wires is really
incredible, I have noticed in the last few years It has become regular
practice to make welds with some of the current filler wires[especially the
70-s series] that just wouldn't have been possible with that series wire [or
for that mater the MIG process] just a few years prior.

  I hope all is well with you folks and retirement is treating you well, I
was almost headed to your neck of the woods to pick up a piece of equipment
in the State College area, but the deal fell thru at the last minute.  All
our best to you and Nancy.
   Mike