[AT] Some ads from the 12/31 Lancaster Farming

Bill Bear Hood mmman at netscape.com
Mon Jan 2 10:07:35 PST 2006

I am sure it may be another local thing.  When I was growing up all my folks and friends called the truck or English boot a "turtle" and the lid was the turtle shell.  To fit the dog box, just unbolt or torch the hinges on the turtle shell and instant coon hunting truck.  I remember that my Dad's youngest brother (the coon huntin-est fellow I ever knew) had several friends with sedans with the dog box permantly in the turtle.
Bear

--- "Indiana Robinson" <robinson at svs.net> wrote:

	Here we used the highly technical term for that part of
the car. We called it the "ass end"...   :-)   That was
also BTW where the coon hunters took the "rear deck" off
and built in the "dog box".   :-)

--
"farmer"