[AT] Some ads from the 1/28 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jan 29 03:01:36 PST 2006

I think you may be right about the "BN" Dudley. The ads have to be hand
written and then submitted on a form printed in the paper, and then they
are mailed in to the paper. Clerks then have to read the writing and do
their best to figure out what the seller wrote and get it into the
system. I can well imagine an Amish farmer writing by kerosene light at
the end of a long day filling out those forms with a pencil might not
have the best handwriting in the world. And a clerk trying to get 500
ads into the system by the paper's weekly deadline might not have a lot
of time or interest in making sure that every letter is 100% correct.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I
learn." -Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790); US politician and scientist.