[AT] OT:(now tv)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 28 15:31:02 PST 2006

Guess I'm old too then because I recall the 2 channel system. Black and
white of course. Not sure how many hours a day but at some point the music
would play and sign off for "test pattern" for the rest of the night.
TV came to the rural areas here in the late 50s, just about 5 years after
the rural electrification project went through. That sure opened up a lot of
sales for appliances in the small town businesses.
How about the old tvs that had to warm up when you turned them on? None of
this instant on with the remote. Seems to me it took about half  a minute
waiting from the time you turned the old rotary dial on switch til a picture
came up.
When new tvs with colour came out (about 1967) I believe they had instant on
with no warm up. What a novelty that was at the time. Amazing how much we
take for granted nowadays.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/