[AT] Onan Charging system help needed

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Sat Jan 28 00:47:44 PST 2006

Cecil,

I have three Simplicity's with each having a CCKB engine and with each
engine having the Stator charging system.  However, there are two different
configurations of Rectifiers and Regulators.

One configuration has a discrete Regulator and a discrete Rectifier.  Three
wires come out of the Stator, three come out of the Rectifier and two come
out of the Regulator.  Two of the three wires coming out of the Stator go to
the Rectifier and the third Stator wire goes to the Regulator.  The third
wire coming out of the Rectifier and the second wire coming out of the
Regulator are tied together and go to the Battery.

The other configuration has a single unit which contains both the Regulator
and the Rectifier.  In this configuration only two wires come out of the
Stator and they both go to the Regulator/Rectifier unit.  A third wire
coming out of the Regulator/Rectifier unit goes to the Battery.

I am not sure I understand your' charging configuration but if it's like
either described above I would believe as Jeff has said below that you
should have some Regulator/Rectifier choices other than Onan.  Incidentally,
I love the Simplicity's (9020s) to drive/operate but DETEST them (including
the Onan engine) to work on ... more than once I've been tempted to load
them all up and take them to a high cliff somewhere and push them off.

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington