[AT] OT: Flashback - Early Farmers Building County Roads

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 13:40:49 PST 2006

And 3 pt. blades make bumps worse instead of better.  If a grader blade was in approx. the middle of the wheel span, when the front end goes up 6" the blade would go up 3", on a 3 pt. if the wheel base is 2x the rear axle to blade length, if the front end goes up 6" the blade goes DOWN 3".

My blade has two mushroom shaped skids that I can put down just behind the blade, then let it float.  It is better than nothing.  A trailing wheel was an option, but like $650 if I recall.

Next I want one of the trail behind dirt scrapers, like a box blade on wheels. I borrowed a 10' one once and it's too big for my 52 hp MF 255.  I need a 8' one.