[AJD] JD Powder Coat supplies

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Jan 26 13:55:50 PST 2006

John:

I think you have misunderstood my question.  If the local vendor can buy
smaller quantities of powder then it makes sense for me to use them. Based
on answers already received there apparently are sources of smaller
quantities, rather than 55 gallon barrels, that they must not be familiar
with.

Eastwood supplies 2 lb quantities as well.

With over 15 tractors here I would have no trouble finding adequate parts
and wheels to powder coat. However, I think I have the capability of
figuring out if it makes economic sense to make the investment in equipment
for doing it myself vs farming it out. If the local vendor can buy smaller
quantities of Powder, it would make a big difference.

More importantly I'm interested in what other collectors experience is in
using the Powder Coat process.

Besides antique tractors, I would like to powder coat my garden tractor
mowing decks to see if that would extend their life a bit and maybe even
improve their performance in our wet weather.

Thinking only one or two pairs of wheels a year is badly underestimating the
opportunity.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!