[AJD] Aftermarket Power Steering??? 2nd try

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 11:34:50 PST 2006

Dean,
  On my D, I have the JD hyd. pump on my governor and I have the reservoir under the platform behind the clutch cover, completely hidden, holds about 2 gallons, 3/4" supply line, 1/2" return.  Never had a problem with suck, operation, or return.  So, my point is, I think the reservoir for the Behlen pump could be put anywhere on the tractor.  In front of the radiator to really hide it for that matter.  I think it would work fine as long as you used plenty large of supply line diameter.  For that demand, 1/2" supply, 3/8" return might be fine?  I'd run the hoses up in the hood if I could get away with it.
  Steve

Dee Schuyler <web22hsz at verizon.net> wrote:
  Dean
Fron the looks of the one on ebay it almost looks like that motor could be
mounted upside down, that would streamline things a little? and I am pretty
sure you could hide the reservoir
any place you want?
This is all guessing on my part as we never had power steering on any of
dads tractors.
I had never owned a power steering tractor until the 820, and it was great!
I would think if just a matter of running hoses the unit would not care
where the reservoir
was??
Sorry not to be of more help.