[AT] What tractor for my snowblower?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 22 12:19:07 PST 2006

Larry, those Cockshutt 542 and later 5542 combines were very popular here in
Canada as a low cost but good capacity combine on grain farms. Always red
with Cockshutt decals and no mention of Oliver. Occasionally when buying
parts you might see a bit of green painted metal, a sign of Oliver
connections no doubt.
The only Oliver combine I can recall seeing was an older version from the
1950s that had no resemblance or likely connection to true Cockshutt
combines. It had the engine mounted low down behind the hopper on the left.
This one saw its last running in a combine demolition derby and beat two
newer combines, a Massey 510 and Case 1060.