[AT] Old shop lathe motor-- motor questions for you "experts"

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 15:31:18 PST 2006

John;

It is a 3 phase motor, they are usually bigger. Probably can put out 1 HP all day without burning up..

With 3 phase you don't have stop the motor before you put it into reverse. Just hit reverse and it goes in reverse.

I converted my 9" south bend to single phase. I am now getting a milling machine and that will be 3 phase. I am making
a 3phase converter out of an old motor. After I finish the converter I am going to put the 3phase back on the south bend.

Regards;

Will Powell

From: John Wilkens <jwilkens at eoni.com>