[AT] Re: Oliver 70

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:48:21 PST 2006

>    5. Re:  Oliver 70 (Michael Miller)

>Message: 5
>Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:07:35 -0500
>From: "Michael Miller" <sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [AT] Oliver 70
>To: "Antique tractor email discussion group"
>	<at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
>
>Andy,
>
>That cover is called a "tappet chamber cover" in the parts book.  I don't
>think it does anything in normal operation.  Perhaps provides a place to
>clean that part of the block at rebuild time?
>
>That tractor will have a 6 speed trans.  Operators, parts, and repair
>manuals are available on EBAY as well as parts themselves.  Another good
>place to get parts is Maibach tractor in Creston, Ohio.  The electrical
>system was 6 volt positive ground from the factory.  I put 38" wheels on
>mine but it required removing the whole cast wheel and putting on a hub and
>9 bolt wheel.  Maibach has both of these available from salvage tractors.
>
>Hope this helps!
>
>Mike

Thanks to everyone who has answered my post.  Please keep any other helpful
info coming.  My goal is to find a 38" wheel that will fit over the cast
center for the original 40" thus keepin the appearance as original as
possible.  I would have no problem fabricating the brackets that weld to the
rim for mounting to the large cast centers.  Guess I need to grab a tape
measure and find out exactly what will fit.  I have already checked Ebay and
will continue to watch the site.  There is a set of grill screens up there
now but they look a little rough.