[AT] Oliver 70

Michael Miller sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:07:35 PST 2006

Andy,

That cover is called a "tappet chamber cover" in the parts book.  I don't think it does anything in normal operation.  Perhaps provides a place to clean that part of the block at rebuild time?

That tractor will have a 6 speed trans.  Operators, parts, and repair manuals are available on EBAY as well as parts themselves.  Another good place to get parts is Maibach tractor in Creston, Ohio.  The electrical system was 6 volt positive ground from the factory.  I put 38" wheels on mine but it required removing the whole cast wheel and putting on a hub and 9 bolt wheel.  Maibach has both of these available from salvage tractors.

Hope this helps!

Mike