[AT] Oliver 70

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 05:26:49 PST 2006

I'm working on getting a manual.  Until i get one I'm going to pick you
brains a bit.  The serial number identifies the tractor as a 1942 model.
One thing that I noticed is a cover on the side of the engine behind the
carburetor.  This cover reminds me of the ones on the side of a flathed to
allow tappet adjustment.  The Oliver engine is an OHV so why is there a
cover?  Should I assume that a tractor of this year have a 6 speed trans?
Is the electrical system + or - ground?  Any recommendations on sources for
Oliver parts?  This machine is pretty complete but I will need a few small
parts.  I specifically need the right side grill screen.  Has anyone adapted
38" wheels to the cast centers which originally had 40" rubber?