[AT] Ford 850 Hydraulic Pump

John.Samulevich at alltel.com John.Samulevich at alltel.com
Wed Jan 11 12:14:30 PST 2006

I'm a lurker on some of the lists and enjoy reading the posts, but now I finally have a problem that I could use a little advise on.  I decided to rebuild the hydraulic pump (piston pump) on my 56 Ford 850 because the hitch jumped as it lifted, as well as the pump was noisy.  From past experience I expected to find a couple springs broken or relaxed or balls pitted but in this one a couple of the little ball seats are chipped so they're not sealing.  In the past I never saw a need to replace these even though they're included in the rebuild kit, but my question now is how do I get them out.  Book specifies a special tool which I suspect resembles a small inside puller, but I was thinking of grinding a hook on an old punch and making a small slide hammer to pull them out.  Before I ruin a punch though was wondering if anyone else has any experience or suggestions.   Thanks!  John
The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain
privileged or confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the
person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, ALLTEL requests
that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not read the message or its
attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else.