[AT] Sandblasting safety

steve sewell sewell at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri Jan 6 21:49:01 PST 2006

At 02:36 PM 1/6/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>I found a dealer locally that has Black Beauty.  It costs $8/100 lb bag.
>That is less than sand.  I am going to give it a try.  They also claim it
>cuts faster than sand.
>
>Lou

Lou: You will like it, as it does a faster job than sand. Depending on the
grade you get you may need to change nozzles. One note of caution - cut the
air pressure back when you do sheet metal as it can 'ruff' it up. Nothing
you can't sand out with a DA if you back the pressure off a bit. It, just
like the other sand, hates water. Will plug right up. I have a water
trap/pressure regulator rigged up on my blaster. This seems to work well. I
have a pressure pot blaster. Run up to 60psi on cast and back it down to ~
40psi on sheet metal.

- Steve

Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA