[AT] Sandblasting safety

Jim and Lyn Evans jevans at evanstoys.com
Fri Jan 6 17:21:39 PST 2006

Has anyone else noticed this?  I tried to use the shop vac to vacuum up the
black sand.  The metallic casting slag going up the vac hose generates a LOT
of static electricity.  Enough to shock you about every 5 seconds.  Some of
the shocks are bad enough to make you drop the hose.  I gave up on that idea
and just sweep up the sand from now on.

Jim